School Repair & Renovations (1897 Onwards)
By 1921, the “New” school was badly in need of repair and renovation. The enrolment had grown to more than 270, and some classes were being held in the Methodist Church. Lobbying by the school community resulted in the construction of seven new classrooms and the complete refurbishment of the existing buildings. This construction, completed in 1923, forms what we now call the “old school”.