2024 Foundation Enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation enrolment timeline. The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation at a Victorian government primary school, including Heidelberg Primary School. The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Heidelberg Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9457 2259 to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Once you have filled in the enrolment form, you will need the following documentation to enrol your child at HPS
- Copy of birth certificate
- Copy of immunisation certificate
- Proof of home address ie. rates notice, utilities bills, lease documents.
- Copy of any court orders if applicable
- Asthma or Anaphylaxis information (or other medical information) signed by a doctor
If you have any inquiries regarding enrolling your child – please contact the school on 03 9457 2259
2024 Foundation Tours
Prospective 2024 Foundation families will have the opportunity to tour our school on the following dates. The tours will be led by our Year 6 students, with the opportunity to also to meet and speak with Principal, Brett MacKenzie.
- Wednesday 8th March (9.15-10.15)
- Thursday 30th March (9.15 – 10.15)
- Wednesday 3rd May (9.15-10.15)
- Saturday 13th May (9.30-10.30)
- Thursday 25th May (9.15-10.15)
The 2024 Foundation Information Evening will be held on Thursday 4th May, 2023 (6.00-7.00).